GOMA, Congo (AP) — More than 400 civilians have been killed since the Rwanda-backed M23 armed group escalated its offensive in the South Kivu province in eastern Congo, regional officials said, adding ...
DAKAR, Feb 2 (Reuters) - The United Nations peacekeeping mission in Congo will send its first team to monitor a ceasefire between Congo’s government and the AFC/M23 rebel group in the coming days, ...
A long-awaited ceasefire in eastern DR Congo is set to begin under the 2025 Washington Accords. Analysts remain skeptical, ...
Vivian van de Perre, acting head of the UN peacekeeping mission in the DR Congo (MONUSCO), met with leaders of the March 23 ...
Portrayed as victims in need of rescue or as accomplices of a foreign rebellion, South Kivu’s Tutsi communities face a precarious position.
GOMA, Congo (AP) — Congo and Rwanda -backed rebel group M23 on Saturday signed a framework agreement for a peace deal, the latest step in the so far unsuccessful efforts to end the decades-long ...
By Jessica Donati and Clement Bonnerot Feb 10 (Reuters) - Blackwater founder Erik Prince deployed a private security force to ...
The Democratic Republic of the Congo on Friday accepted Angola's proposal for a ceasefire between the government and the AFC/M23 armed group, the president’s office announced. Amid intensified ...
Burundian citizens who work in Uvira, Democratic Republic of the Congo, and could not cross back into their home country due to fighting, cross the border into Burundi, Sunday, Dec. 14, 2025. (AP ...
GOMA, Democratic Republic of Congo (Reuters) -The M23 insurgents who routed Congo’s army to take control of the eastern part of one of Africa’s most populous nations now face a task as mundane as it ...
DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — The Rwanda-backed rebel group M23 has denied involvement in a series of massacres in eastern Congo which were detailed in a report published by a rights group Wednesday. Lawrence ...
DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — The Rwanda-backed rebels who captured key areas of Congo’s mineral-rich east said Monday they were withdrawing from peace talks this week with the Congolese government, saying ...
Some results have been hidden because they may be inaccessible to you
Show inaccessible results